I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Carpet Cleaning

Our poor Obi is sick.  Last night she vomited in three different places--two of them after we'd gone to bed, so they had all night to sink into the carpet.  Yuck.

I decided to take this opportunity to try the laundry miracle stain remover that's all the buzz of Pinterest and such, 2 parts hydrogen peroxide to 1 part blue Dawn dish soap...with a little baking soda sprinkled on for scrubbing power.  I did this on one stain, and our usual Resolve Pet Oxy on the other.

I let each stain soak in its solution for an hour before I touched it.  And the results are in.



The Resolve was a lot harder to do.  It took about ten minutes of cycling through spray, scrub, sop up, repeat.  In the end, it still has a slightly dark stain on the floor, but it blends in well with the shadows of the carpet around it.  The smell is gone, but it is replaced by a chemically smell.

The Dawn + Hydrogen Peroxide solution foamed up as it set, which was kinda cool.  And since I broke my spray bottle halfway through application, I just poured some of it on...which, an hour later produced this:

It literally lifted away the stain where I had poured it, so if I had known that earlier, I would have poured/sprayed heavily more early on and maybe I wouldn't have had to scrub at all.  Much easier than the Resolve.  It left my carpet very clean.  But the smell?  Awful.  It still smells like vomit and such.

So.  It may be a miracle solution to your laundry needs, but it's about on par with other cleaners...has some pros, has some cons.  In case you're curious.  :)  I will probably let it all set for a while longer and see what I think then.

1 comment:

  1. I gave you a Liebster Blog nomination on my blog. Have a great weekend!
    Eilis
    my-heart-lives-here.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!