I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Liebster Award!

So, I guess there's this thing given to bloggers from bloggers (as long as they all have less than 200 followers) and it's called the Liebster Award.  Somebody who is NOT RELATED TO ME gave me this award!  I feel so honored.  Eilis at My Heart Lives Here has some awesome ideas about decorating your home--my fairy garden was inspired by her post--and it's just kinda cool to be nominated by someone you don't personally know, so thanks!

Here are the rules of this oh-so-prestigious award:
1. Post about your win on your blog (check).
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award (check).
3. Copy and paste the award to your blog (working on it!).
4. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized (see below)!
5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

Well, it was difficult, because all the blogs I follow are either friends/family (nothing wrong with that!) or have like a thousand followers...or there wasn't anything anywhere that told me HOW MANY followers there were (so I assumed by the number of responses/comments their posts get).  I thought I'd have a lot of teaching blogs, but frankly they're all too popular to qualify.  Maybe I'll have to do another post sometime about my favorite blogs in general.  :)

SO, in no particular order, here are 5 blogs that I think definitely deserve to be recognized:

1. Amelia at Impressions of a Would-Be Artist.  It's a newer blog all about her adventures in stained glass.  Even though the subject is limited, don't be fooled--it amazes and inspires me in other crafts/artistic pursuits.  :)

2. Jame at JAME.  I'm honestly not sure how many followers she has, but she definitely needs more comment love if she's over 200.  It's a very versatile blog with recipes, crafts, date night ideas, and more.  There are lots of fun tutorials and tips and I really just love it. :)

3. Katy at Done is Better than Perfect.  I adore this girl anyway, but her new blog chronicling her efforts to beautify her home and entertain her twin boys/husband is just awesome.  She puts her own spin on things she finds on Pinterest, and, let's be honest, we could always use more ideas for boy-ish things.  :)  Check it out!

4. Jessica Bateman Photography.  I love her ever-evolving style, and among all my photographer friends, her stuff is my favorite.  :) 

5. Art With Aubrey.  I'm a BIG believer in teaching the arts, and Aubrey goes beyond the usual elementary projects to inspire creative expression with a variety of mediums--often linked to a great book study or something I could easily incorporate into a classroom or with my own kids.  I wish I could take a class/workshop with her!  :)  I love, too, that she explains everything on her blog in such detail you could EASILY attempt your own art at home.

If you've been nominated, and want to accept the award, post links to your own 5 favorite small blogs!  Thanks again, Eilis, for the nomination!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Celeste! You are so sweet! What a fun idea, I'll have to check out the other blogs that you nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your blog is great. I am over 200, but this is a really cool way to get familiar with other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Celeste! I sometimes feel like my blog is rather limited as well, but I hope to someday branch out into other art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!