Other than Canada (which IS very pretty, but it's not exactly a whole new world), I've never been anywhere outside of the States. I WANT TO TRAVEL! Paul and I are stoked about saving up for real vacations across the oceans. It's expensive, but not THAT expensive that we should go our whole lives without ever seeing the world! Really.
I took French in high school and college (other than 2 semesters of ASL), and because of that I have a LOT of Eiffel Tower stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to spend some time in Paris and even moreso some of the southern countryside of France. But there are several other places we'd love to go first:
Japan. Pretty much anywhere. I don't want to do anything too touristy, really, (at least not more than a day or two) but I just want to stay in a small village and explore the coasts and get to know the "real" Japan. And I want to visit my dad's old mission sites.
Italy. There are SO many places in Italy we want to visit, I'll bet we could spend a whole month there and still never see them all! Rome, Venice, Florence, Naples, Genova...seriously.
Vienna. Mostly because of the Billy Joel song. But I'm sure it's really awesome. ;) This would be part of our western Europe tour, because we want to see France and Germany along with Austria and Switzerland. While we're there, we'll totally hit up Ireland and England. Because we can. Paul wants to see WWII sites and I want to eat the food.
Australia. I don't know that Paul and I have really talked about Australia, and it's not at the top of either of our lists, but I'm pretty sure if we got to go there we'd be pretty stoked. We wouldn't have to learn a new language, and we'd be quoting "Finding Nemo" all the way!
South Korea. Here we would be TOTALLY touristy and go visit all the Korean drama sets we've seen (they tend to open them as museums/tourist attractions after they use them). We'd also gorge ourselves on yummy Korean food and visit some friends we've made over the years that live there.
I guess I'd really like to go to China and Thailand, too. I heart Thai food and, well, China's China. 'Nuff said.
Personally, I'd love to visit the Phillippines since that's where Paul's family lives. He's never been there! And he doesn't really want to go, mostly because he says it's too dangerous and he couldn't stand to see puppies being eaten. But if we get the chance to actually go someday, I'm sure he'll go. I don't know what we'd do there, but I'm sure we'd figure something out. :)
Also, a cruise. I've never been on one, and I want to go, just once, just to say I did it.
Guess we'd better get to work if we're going to go all these places, especially if we want to have kids, too! These things add up! I just can't wait 'til teleportation devices are invented.
If you ever have a chance to go on a cruise you will love it!! We have been on several. It is a less expensive way to see a lot of places at once. We love the fact that you don't have to worry about where you are going to eat and how much it is going to cost (it is all included)!! Cruises can be fairly inexpensive, what gets you is the airfare to get to where you need to be to get on the cruise!!:)
ReplyDeleteYou and me both Celeste! We totally want to travel and go on a cruise...one of these days, right??
ReplyDelete