I don't know a better word for some of my material possessions than just plain ol' "stuff." Junk. Things. Treasures? Effects. Goods. Property. Nope, none of them quite work as well as just "stuff."
It turns out I have a lot of stuff. And I always want more. I go through these kicks where I want to purge myself of all sorts of STUFF, but then when I go to do it I'm like, "No, I need that just in case..." or "Maybe I don't need this now, but someday I'll wish I had it..." or "But this has such sentimental value, how could I part with this?" And I end up MAYBE getting rid of some clothes that don't fit me, but only if they don't fit me by A LOT because I also think, "But when I lose 15-20 pounds, which is going to happen very soon, I'll need this!" And then some old junk. OR, sometimes, I DO end up throwing it away and then later I really DO need it and wish I'd kept it! Vicious.
I am not a hoarder or anything! I think our house is fairly clean and void of clutter and junk. And I'm pretty reasonable about not worrying about getting more stuff just for stuff's sake, at least for an American. :) But sometimes I wish I could break free of all my stuff. I envy those people who live out of suitcases or backpack across the world, who live in a studio apartment and, instead of acquiring STUFF to do inside (not that I don't love my jam-packed craft closet or our shelves of books and movies and games), spend their lives out in the world doing...well, STUFF.
I'm still a work in progress. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!