I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)
Sunday, November 21, 2010
For posterity: my thoughts on APOLOGIES
If you owe someone an apology, give it. Not apologizing and making genuine efforts to make it up, especially if this is a pattern in your life, makes a relationship grow sour. Apologies aren't followed by excuses or accusations. Being right isn't as important as making it right. Especially if it's someone you love. I don't know why it's so hard to say, "I'm sorry," or even explain what you MEANT to say/do/think/whatever...some people let pride get in the way, I guess. But as difficult as it is to forgive someone, it's ten times as difficult when they show no remorse for hurting you. A genuine apology when you've wronged someone (even if you didn't mean to) is what kind, thoughtful, flawed-but-good human beings in healthy relationships do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!