I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Giver

Paul & I have become huge fans of the Greater Lafayette Civic Youth Theatre, which puts on a handful of shows every year where the entire cast and most of the crew is 18 years of age or under. Last night, as an extension of our anniversary, we went to their rendition of one of my all-time favorite children's books, "The Giver." I had no idea that Paul had never read the book when we first got there, so it was unbelievably entertaining watching him react to all the new revelations about Jonas' utopian society. He couldn't stop talking about how, if Hollywood's making Spice Girl movies, they should make this book and other like it into movies, too! I had such a great time, and the young actors did a great job trying to capture the society they all lived in and the emotions of the Giver and the Receiver. Two thumbs way, way up!

Next on the list that we want to see is "The Importance of Being Earnest," in April, and "The Stinky Cheese Man & Other Fairly Stupid Tales" in June! Even better, I can feel good about promoting the arts for children and paying for their constructive hobbies and talents to soar. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your were invited or you wouldn't have been able to view the blog, I thought anyway:) So let me know if you aren't able to log in LHC23@comcast.net I think you probably just didn't get an email saying I went private because I had you already on the private list from the first time I was private:) I know, I change my mind a lot (what can I say, I am a girl!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!