I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wedding Plans!!!

With school and work taking up SOOOO much time, I'm really glad I had some advance notice about this whole engagement thing so I could get a few things out of the way early on in the semester. I just thought I'd share a few fun pictures to kind of give you the sense of wedding plans and such...so here you go. More updates to follow, I'm sure!
The Washington, D.C. temple...which I love. :)
I'm still playing around with hair ideas...above, I love the one on the right for a "hair down" look, and the girl even kinda looks like me! :) But I'm not sure how to attach my gorgeous veil in that one...so maybe something like what I have below?

The flowergirl bouquet is the first one I made, and I have to admit I'm a little jealous of it! :) I'd never really done much flower arranging before doing my own bouquets so it was a great learning experience and a fun new thing to do. I found ridiculously cheap silk flowers for wholesale prices plus free shipping at the time I bought them, so for anyone who needs fake flowers for any occasion check out afloral.com! They were SO nice and SOOOOO fast, and their flowers are the most real-looking I've found yet.
Since Paul & I are paying for our own wedding and reception and everything, I've actually become an amazing online shopper. I found this flowergirl dress, which not only was the right colors but also had the ribbon element that all of our dresses will have as well as a little daisy right on the dress, for a total of $10.00! It looks GORGEOUS with the bouquet, and knowing how my niece loves to dress up, she's going to have a ball with it!
This is a really bad shot of the bridesmaid bouquet...of which I had to make 5! :) It was a challenge incorporating all of my favorite flowers into a unified bouquet, but these little handy things turned out great and they had a little bit of a tear-drop shape, which I'm stoked about because I'm going to have a cascading bouquet myself. I'm too scared yet to make my own bouquet, but all the rest are made!

Even though it's on the pricey side, I LOVE this wedding dress so I'm buying it! :) I'll rip off that button that's in the way of the bow/ribbon, and wear it for all my bridal photos and the reception.
Keeping in the theme of classic, almost '50's elegance and ribbon accents, here's a snapshot of the bridesmaids' and maid-of-honor's dress (imagine it in a light petal pink with a lighter pink or yellow ribbon, white bolero and white shoes!):

Remember this ring? :) Well, the square thing has totally caught on...I know own matching jewelry, including a watch, necklace, and earrings! And Paul and I are a little "square" sometimes ourselves...so we're keeping the square thing going with our cake:
It'll look something like this but a little plainer and with only 3 tiers...and our own cake topper at the top. Of the cake. 'Cause that's where cake toppers go. Hence the name. :)

Anywho, that's it for now. I'm sure that as breaks and such come up in my schedule I'll have more time to plan, and to show off my plans! This is omaroma, over and out.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so pretty!!!! I love the bridesmid dress idea. And the facty that you are doing your own bouquets....my gosh, woman, you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! Kerstin here. I love all of your wonderful wedding plans! It looks like you have been busy with all the flowers (which are beautiful). I'm jealous of your taste, I can't wait to see pictures of the big day! Oh, and p.s....go with your hair up on your wedding day...(I didn't and the wind was blowing so hard that my hair looks terrible in my outdoor photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an amazing job with all of the wedding plans!! I love the dress and I would go with your hair up for the wedding. I didn't have anyone do my hair and I wish I would have (it would have looked much prettier). Everything is going to be beautiful!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice, folks! I never even thought much about the chance of wind or the regret of not doing it up, so I think I'll take your advice and put my hair up fancy. Thanks! :)

    Any other pieces of advice you want to share? :) No one in my family has gotten married for a long time, and even fewer in the temple, so I feel like we're starting all over and I have no idea what to really expect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good it looks like you know exactly what you want and how to get it! Congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!