I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, July 22, 2013

Today is the day I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I was. :)

I tutor a girl who lives a mile away. I say "tutor," but it's kinda a mix between tutoring and homeschooling, with a sprinkle of para work (I was her para last year in school). We hang out for two hours a day and I LOVE it. She's the coolest.

And a mile isn't that far.

But I still drive half the time anyway.

I bike the other half.

Since Paul is in Chi-town (none of the natives call it that but I still like to) this week, it's a biking week. I get on the bike and I push off.

I push and push and push.

I struggle!

I *sweat.* 

It's hot out, and uphill most of the way which is hard in my cruiser, but still...

I made it to her house in only a minute longer than usual, and I'm thinking I'm pretty awesome and also a little out of shape at this point.

We head down into the basement, and I can feel my legs just wanting to collapse.

IT'S ONLY A MILE!!! :(

This doesn't go away.

I think about going to Steak N Shake last Friday and wonder if the effects are long-lasting. :)

When all is said and done, I head back home.

I make it halfway before I literally can't bike one more foot. I decide to walk it to the gas station (a mile out of my way) and check the tires.

Now, normally I fill it up to 55 PSI, which is in the acceptable 40-65 PSI range for my tires.

My front one was at 29.

My back one was at 10.

I felt SOOOOOOO much better about myself! :)

And the ride home was cake.

(Ish. That two miles from earlier did me in for the night!)

The nice thing about where I live is that there are neighborhoods close by, and a biking trail through meadows and by ponds, and I'm almost exactly a mile from tutoring, from the gas station, from my bank, from Walmart, from the school I used to work at, and from the local snow cone place.

Guess what I will be doing tomorrow when I recover? :)

I'll take pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I love where we live too! So convenient and yet I almost never bike. Go you!! Can we come visit while Paul is gone? Even if I'm no longer your visiting teacher :( ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Just text me when you might want to come over. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some love!