I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, July 4, 2013

More teaching stuff...and a birthday board freebie!

Just a few more pics I feel like sharing; these aren't as LEGO-y, either, so they may be of some use to another teacher. :)  I'm slowly, SLOWLY getting there.  Can't believe I only have about a month left until I start!

When students leave the room for speech, resource room, etc., they'll have to leave one of these on their desks first--it'll help me see at a glance who is out!  (You think you remember these things but it changes every day, and once you get into a rhythm...)  The only exception is the bathroom--they'll put the boy/girl hand sanitizer on their desks instead.

My "how we get home" board...with clothespins bearing each student's name on the appropriate circle (bikers/walkers, car rider, bus, after-school activity...)  I liked this idea because it was easily changed out from day to day. Downloaded it from HERE.

My "rate yourself" stoplight exit ticket board.  Gotta laminate it still...but basically, when we learn about something, I can then have the kids take out a mini post-it and put their name on it, along with rating themselves on how well they know it--if green, then explaining/performing it well; yellow, asking a question to clarify something; or red, they really don't get it and need extra help.  Self-evaluation is really important to me.
I also made up this birthday board.  Saw something like it on Pinterest but it wasn't free.  Mine isn't as cute, but it's a little more neutral and I'm offering it as a free download to anyone who wants it.  :) Gotta thank Connie Prince for the digiscrapping kit I used to make it (Go!Go!Go!). It's made to be a 16x20 poster, which Walmart will print off for you for about $13, but an 11x14 has almost the same ratio and works just as well for half the price.  You choose what's best for you.  :) When you frame it, it becomes dry-erase, which is awesome for the classroom.  Or, you could just add family birthdays in Sharpie.  OR, if you're tech-savvy, you could add text to the image before printing.  Lots of options.

DOWNLOAD HERE!
Still working! :)

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving some love!