I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, June 18, 2012

Family Happenings

We are still diggin' our new car LOTS. Punky is her name. (PT Cruiser--Cruiser Bruiser--Punky Brewster--Punky)

On Saturday, we went to the Hollyhock Festival in a little neighborhood downtown.  It's basically just an excuse for the neighborhood to come together and hopefully draw in new people, trying to revive a dying part of town.  The park itself is cute, I remember Paul and I went there a couple of times when I lived only a few blocks away.   Free food (BBQ, chips, soda, ice cream), free entertainment (a singer and some games with prizes for the kids)...we didn't stay too long but it was a fun afternoon outing.  (Except for the beetle that got on my ice cream cone and wouldn't get off...and when I tried to MAKE him get off, he attached himself to my finger instead and then bit/stung me when I flicked him off...it swelled a little bit, but I was more angry at it than hurt. :)  What kind of beetle does that?



When I worked on my tee-shirt crafts, I accidentally dropped a drop of hot glue right onto my finger, straight from the barrel of the high-temp gun.  It HURT.  I got a nice, small burn-blister on my forefinger and thumb because of it.  It doesn't hurt anymore, but I usually keep it bandaged up just so it doesn't pop and then get infected.  Ah, the joys of crafting.  :) 

Our puppies are as cute as ever.  Here they are, cuddling together (they do this 67% of the day):
 Here is Voodoo snuggling with ME (which accounts for the other 33% of the day) when I had a migraine coming on:
Isn't she TOO CUTE?
And here is Obi, waiting patiently for "Daddy" to get home.  She knows that when 6:30 rolls around, he could be coming up to the sliding door any time, and she waits for him.  He's her favorite.  :) 

That's pretty much us in a nutshell right now.  Paul works.  We do church-related things.  I go crazy trying to find things to do to fill my days as I wait to hear back about jobs for the fall, or even just to sub, because I don't love sitting at home for weeks on end.  I'm trying to enjoy the moment more, though.  I know that when I AM busy again, I'll be envying myself now.  We are never satisfied, are we?  :)  I'm getting some free babysitting and dog sitting in these last few weeks, which at least makes me feel useful.  And grateful that I can help out people who need it.  We are going to start having friends over for dinner and game nights again (we just sort of retreated into ourselves last semester, which is pretty usual for us when we get busy...one drawback, I suppose).  We are hoping to go up to Chicago for the 4th of July, which will be pretty fun!  At least a nice change of pace...

Anyway, life is grand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!