I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Family Updates :)

Here is a simple summary of the last month, in pictures & words:

We went up to Chicago a few days before my birthday to buy Filipino foods & ingredients that we can't get here.  Paul's parents really loved having Caida and Cerene with us, and Caida really loved helping them make breakfast:

The only pic I have of my party, at the very end when only a few other couples hung around to chat. :)  Caida insisted on wearing a "party dress" and was very cute.  
Paul got us cooking classes from Adelino's for my birthday!  We loved the first one, it was a Mediterranean Islands night.  Here we are after we've cooked our dishes:


And here is my plate FULL of food.  Everyone did an awesome job cooking, and we learned a lot of new recipes. SO WORTH IT!
As I've already mentioned, he also got us tickets to Hunger Games.
 This is just a cute pic of Voodoo:
We're clickers now!  Check out http://www.billionclicks.org ...I'll probably post a whole separate post all about this, but it's been a great way for us to increase the positivity in our lives.
And a cute pic of Obi, who's been sick as a...well, dog...and become a big fan of sleeping with blankets lately.
Paul's work is keeping him busy.  He doesn't get to use his Spanish anymore and his role is less managerial and more analytic, but he says he likes it most days...between that and his calling as Ward Mission Leader, he doesn't have much energy to do anything else.  :)  He's a good sport, though, and tries hard to play along when I want to do something.

As I've mentioned before, I'm applying for teaching jobs for next fall.  SO EXCITED and SO ANXIOUS!  There are several jobs opening up, including one at my old elementary school!!!  But there are also HUNDREDS of applicants, some who have taught for years already...so the competition is stiff.  That's what you get in a college town.  I'm very qualified, though, and hoping things work out.  If not, of course, I'll keep subbing.  I really do love it lots, too.  It's not the same as teaching, but it'll do for now.  :)  I'm having a hard time juggling my crafty side with the work stuff and the church responsibilities and family stuff, especially because I've not been feeling well for almost a month now (always something different...sinus infection, chest cold, indigestion/nausea, severe back pain...).  So hopefully I'll figure it all out soon...it's not like getting a teaching job will slow that down any, hahaha!  Life is good, though.  We're alive and, if not super healthy, at least not dysfunctionally unhealthy.  We've got great friends and family.  We love what we're doing at Church and we each have our little pet projects going on the side to keep us sane--like my crocheting and his designing spacecraft.  We're working towards our goals slowly but surely...and the puppies keep us entertained in the meantime.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!