| The look |
| Zen garden, cool candle holders, and a DIY bamboo painting give it a slightly Asian feel... |
| So do these origami dolls I made and framed for display. :) |
I still have some work to do...like incorporating some more earthly elements into the mix. Sort of coming up with everything from scratch is fun and certainly does have its advantages, but good luck finding ANYTHING that matches by the way of bathroom accessories! So I came up with a rather ingenius solution (in my oh-so-humble opinion).
I bought two of these--cost me about $3.50 at Walmart...
...took a good, hard look at the pattern in our shower curtain...
...and, with the help of a gold sharpie, came up with this!
| I left the red out of it because I have plenty of red to go around in other places. :) |
| It's easier to see the black stripe along the bottom from this angle. :) |
Easy, fast, affordable, adorable. What I love about this is that even if you're not artistic, you could use stencils and just about any color combo with the plethora of sharpie colors out there to really make it YOURS. It can be as fancy or as simple a project as you like. I'm getting a vision, too, of a young child's artwork (I'd wait 'til they're old enough to know not to draw on themselves, and still have plenty of supervision as they color, of course)...how cute would it be to just have a plain old white bathroom set and let your kids go wild with the sharpie colors of your choosing so they can make their own set for the kids' bathroom? I think I know what I'm doing with my niece next time she's here! :)
If you go and make your own, please share the link below so I can oooh and aaaahhh at your mini masterpieces. :)
Linking up HERE!
What a cute bathroom! You did a great job! We should have a heart to heart sometime Celeste =)
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's not nearly what I want it to be, but when you're renting for an indefinite period of time, what can you do, right? :) And I'm all for heart-to-hearts! You have my email. ;)
Delete