I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

10 Things Tuesday: Broken/Old Jewelry!

Happy 11/1/11!  It's GOTTA be a day for good luck, right?  :)

I don't even wear that much jewelry, but I have plenty of pieces that I've either just grown bored with or that have broken on me.  I can donate them to Goodwill, but recycling them is kinda out of the question.  Repurposing is the way to go!  What to do with all the beads, baubles, pendants, and more that are just sitting in a baggie tucked away in my craft drawers waiting for me to get inspired?  Well, here are some ideas to get me (and hopefully you!) started!

10.  I'm SO sorry, I can't remember where I saw this or I'd give credit (leave a comment if you know so I can fix that!), but you can make your own bookmarks/book thongs out of your old jewelry and some simple, cheap clasps and ribbon!  I especially love this because you can NEVER have too many bookmarks around our house...
 9.  Feminize even more a bouquet or floral arrangement by adding some pretty jewelry...or, make a bouquet ENTIRELY out of your old pieces!

 8.  Make cell phone charms, key rings, or zipper pulls out of your favorite old jewelry so you can see it every day!
 7.  How about just stashing that broken jewelry into glass vases and turning it into decor for your home?
 6.  Repurpose old earrings or fancy beads into a hairpin set!
 5.  Embellish...well, everything!  From flower pots to frames to serving trays and more, a little jewelry can go a long way in making it your own.
From MyWonderfullyMade
 4. Speaking of embellishments, you can turn even that funky/kiddie jewelry into cute gift tags for the holidays or any special occasion!  You can also pretty up the packages your gifts are in, too...how about a lace ribbon with an old brooch instead of ribbon and a bow?
 3. Make festive and BEAUTIFUL holiday decor!  Like this pretty vintage Easter egg set from Lindsey at Inspiring Creations, or the beautiful pumpkin from WhimsyDaisy below it...holiday decor can be for the grown-ups, too!  :)

 2. Make pretty magnets!  How pretty is this, just some scrap fabric, a vintage piece of jewelry, and some glue and a magnet dot.  EASY repurposing idea that will get your fridge in on the fun!
 1. Make wire/beaded silverware for special occasions!  Use the old beads from your jewelry, or even a few larger pendants, etc., to spruce up your flatware.


I can't wait to go give my old jewelry new life!  If you make something, please share it with me!  :)  Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!