I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

We All Must Do Our Part

This is the children's book I "published" as part of a graduate student's research on the impact of literature on science education in elementary classrooms in Provo.  I got lucky to be picked as an "author," as the whole thing was a lottery.  The whole process was really cool--I had to pick a science content/standard that the other 10 people weren't covering in THEIR books (I wound up with recycling), research and include at least 5 facts and at least 2 teaching applications, get my research approved by a faculty member, write and sketch the concept of the book (I'm still not sure where my other teaching application ended up...it's not in the file), then get paired up with an illustrator from the art department.  Going through the process and seeing the final result kinda reminds me of the time I recorded an original song in a recording studio--it's not that the final product is all great or anything, but I still feel blessed to have had that experience, because it's just something that not everyone gets to do.  I know a little more now about writing for someone other than myself, and even though my tastes AND understanding of how children think and learn have changed tremendously since then (this was Fall of 2003!), I'm still proud of it.  I'm even prouder because of the 10 or 15 people who went through this, mine was the one that the grad student chose to present at her presentations.  I must have done SOMETHING right.  ;)  Anywho, here it is, and feel free to use it!  (If you want the pdf files, just email me at pcfernandez515@yahoo.com and I can get the larger files to you.)








1 comment:

  1. Great job! That is awesome! Quite the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!