I love following artsy-craftsy blogs, because I find the best inspiration for easy, cheap projects. I particularly loved this craft because it looked simple and I had all the materials I would need on hand already--which meant a cute, simple, perfect Easter decoration that cost me NOTHING! Can't get better than that!
 |
| My white chocolate bunny. |
 |
| My milk chocolate bunny. :) |
Anyway, you can find the GORGEOUS original as well as a tutorial (including the bunny pattern!)
HERE. I pretty much did what she did, except I used a slightly less sophisticated color palette since I had all those springy buttons and lots of spring felt. I also used two different colors of felt instead of the burlap, and hot glued it (after I sewed) right onto the backing of the photo frame. (Side note: this was even MORE perfect because I had a boring 5" x 7" wood frame that was missing its glass and needed revamped, so this worked out just right!) Otherwise, I pretty much just followed exactly what she said in the tutorial. I WILL advise, however, that if you make the bunnies, you stuff as you sew--especially on the smaller size! Even my pinkie didn't quite fit in the ears or front feet, so stuffing as I sewed made it easy. Still, it was a SIMPLE, cute project and I would make it again in a heartbeat!
 |
| The finished product. |
What do you think? :)
Oh my goodness it is ADORABLE!! Thank you so much for showing it to me. Made my day, seriously! :)
ReplyDeleteLois
www.auntielolocrafts.blogspot.com
Thanks so much, especially for the inspiration! :)
ReplyDelete