So, I just wrote a nice, lengthy post about my experience yesterday as my first day in a friendly BIGGEST LOSER competition, when for some reason my mousepad deleted everything. I hate this laptop. Now I'm upset. So you're getting the abbreviated version.
I have until New Year's Day to lose as much weight as I can (in a healthy, steady pace so I don't rebound back!). I'm 202 pounds. Yikes! That's 50 pounds more than I was when I had my hip injury. Between my hip problems and my thyroid, there are some things I just can't do. But between my funky diet and my not-at-all-stable sleep schedule and my total lack of exercise, there are some things that I certainly CAN do. And that's what I'm focusing on. :) Plus, with 13 other people to be accountable to, and with each of them pitching in $10 to the winner, I've got a little extra motivation!
Each week, I'm setting a small goal to help lead me to a healthier lifestyle. It makes more sense to me than trying to change everything about my life all at once, and it'll stick better, too...this week, I'm playing on the Wii Fit we got last Christmas until I burn 300 calories each day. I'm also not allowing myself seconds at the dinner table and I'm only making dessert twice this week (sadly, that is an improvement!).
Yesterday was rough, though. Being overwhelmed by the prospect of changes, and the soreness from that crazy rhythm boxing and super hula hooping, and being sick as a dog at night as I have been every night for the last week (migraine-related nausea, a strange trend this week I can't seem to get rid of by sleeping, eating, stretching, or hydrating, but it only comes at night)...I pretty much wanted to give up last night. Maybe even die a little. After one day. Sad. But I slept REALLY well and every morning is new, and I feel fine right now (except a little sore, but you'll have that!). I decided I will write and journal as much as I can about this EPIC weight-loss journey because there is SOOOOO much more involved in it than what I do. I have issues surrounding and inside and zig zagging all over this WEIGHT business, and they are just as important as what I do (or don't) in this struggle.
So, welcome to my journey.
Good Luck!! I love making desserts too!!:) It is what I am the best at making:) I need to learn to make healthy food as good as I can make chocolate chip cookies!! It is smart to just make a few changes at a time or it is too overwhelming. Doing anything even if it is a small change is better than nothing:)
ReplyDeleteHi my friend! I wish I could give you a load of money to get thyroid surgery and be there to cheer you on and support you. I can't do that, but I can give you suggestions. If you eat some (non-illegal) hemp seed every night before bed, it will help calm down your central nervous system and it can help get rid of your migraines. I have those kind of migraines at least twice a month and Zachary has a lot of head pain from seizures and his hemorrhage. I give him some before bed and it helps him calm down. It has helped me too and it's natural. You can buy it at a health food store. Hope that helps! Good for you on the Biggest Loser thing! Yay Celeste!
ReplyDeleteMan, I have found that in order for me to be able to lose weight I have to be balanced emotionally. So I totally am excited you are journaling your journey! As I have worked though my own emotional stuff i have found that the pounds start coming off quicker.:)And when I don't, then I can work out a million everyday and nothing comes off.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am sure you already thought of this, but remember to ask that cute husband of yours to give you a blessing dude!:)