I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crockpot Ham and Beans (WW 6+ Points)

Served with honey-drizzled cornbread, ham and beans are cheap dining at its finest.  It doesn't look like much, especially in this picture of leftovers a few days later, but the taste more than makes up for it.  I think it's the cloves.  :)  I really enjoyed my first EVER attempt at using dry beans.  I'll definitely be doing this one again.  :)

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. dry white beans (I used pinto from our food storage), soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
1 lb. cooked, smoked lean ham, chopped into bite-sized pieces
6 c. water, or broth (I used a combination, 3 c. broth and 3 c. water)

Just put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours!  Serves at LEAST 8, although I think it was more like 10 or 12...so the point count might actually be even lower.  So eat an extra piece of cornbread, guilt-free.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!