| How rad is this T-shirt?! |
and the top:
Isn't it gorgeous? I was kinda thinking maybe an apron? The kind that just wraps around the waist, with the brown/top fabric as the pockets? But, first of all, I don't have much use for a waist/hip only apron (the two full-length ones I already have are plenty stained up top!); and, secondly, I want it to be something I could use/see OFTEN because the fabric just makes me happy...but it doesn't work with my kitchen colors anyway. I was also thinking of maybe just using it as fabric to line a crocheted bag or something...or a baby quilt for any of my many preggo friends. And part of me says it's just not speaking to me *as* anything yet, and I thought maybe I would ask my talented friends who actually sew and create stuff to inspire me.
What do YOU think I should do with it?
(P.S. Paul also got a suit pant, two sports jackets, two ties, AND a business shirt. And we paid $20 total for the whole lot of it. I LOVE GOODWILL!!!)
Also, my bathroom has turned out just too dark. Even when it's clean, it feels dirty with all the brown and black in it. This little origami doll (already hanging up in the bathroom) is my inspiration for a newer, fresher color palette:
Specifically, I would go with a mostly white bathroom with lighter/glittery silver, pink, and mint accents. I've scoured the internet for inspiration but these colors aren't often together in decorating (and when they are it's very DATED feeling and tacky). Ideas on DIY projects for a small, apartment bathroom when I can't just remodel and paint everything? Even Pinterest isn't inspiring me much with this. I need your help!
Please and thank you!
That is awesome fabric! If you end up thinking you don't care if it matches your kitchen, I do have a pin that might be helpful. It's a men's shirt remade into an apron, but I bet it wouldn't be too hard to tweak. As far as the decorating your bathroom goes, I recommend you check out letschipit.com. Based on any image you love, using an app that you add to your browser you can "chip it" and get great suggestions on colors to use. When using an image you've created yourself (ie. a jpg) you'll just want to make sure that you alter the image to get the colors true to life. Can't wait to find out what you end up doing with that dress . . . and sorry I don't really have any suggestions. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat website is awesome! Thanks for telling me about it! :) Now just to find ways to use it...and you gave me plenty of ideas! Thanks!
Deletethat fabric says cute baggy purse with circle wooden handles to me. also that shirt SO rocks!!!!:)
ReplyDeleteCircle handles sound awesome...I need to learn to see for real. :) I'll have to find a pattern. And I know--I LOVE THAT TEE! I wore it immediately and all day. :)
Delete