I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Feast on the First Day of Fall!

I love when weather, calendars, health, and our financial situation all work together to make up a perfect day!  I think, aside from the cleaning I have yet to do, this has been and will be one of the most perfect days of 2012.

The Feast of the Hunter's Moon is a BIG part of that.  Even when it's hot or rainy and muddy we always have a good time.  It was especially perfect today, with a high of 59 and eventually literally not a cloud in the sky, to kick off autumn with a bang.  Here are some pics:
The entrance.  :)

Deer head man.  :)

I didn't buy this shawl, but I LOVE it and am going to crochet myself something akin to it someday. :)

The scariest tent for me...I don't like fur anyway, and I REALLY don't like animal heads on top of sticks!

If we ever have a baby, we'll buy one of these.  :)  $22 seems pretty reasonable for an actual papoose, made by an actual Native American.  :)

We look awesome.  Hahaha. 

My soaps!  Pumpkin pie for fall, peppermint for winter, lilac for early spring, blackberry sage for late spring/early summer, and citrus splash for late summer.  Can't WAIT to start using these TOMORROW!  Mmmm....

The jugglers.  The main reason we go every year.  :)




I also really love these little old ladies and gentlemen that make up the duclimer gathering.  :)


Just outside Wea Village (the Native American section, really).

Paul found this awesome little knife.  It's really quite gorgeous, actually.  The picture doesn't do it justice.

Typical Indiana.  :)  Love.
And tonight: an autumn bikeride, leftover chili (any good recipes out there? Mine was only so-so), pumpkin brownies and caramel apple cider.  Let the best season EVER begin!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy cause you're happy, Celeste! I really am. I'm glad life is treating you and Paul so well. I always enjoy reading about your fun projects and crafts. You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favorite season too! It sounds like that event is a fun tradition to have every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the Feast in years and I live close by. A must do for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!