I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, June 12, 2009

I live in a world of crazies, and I love it...mostly. :)

Without internet, or cable, and finally having moved everything into our lovely new apartment (address below), Paul & I have taken the last few days as a break from the hustle and bustle, reading and playing board games and generally enjoying ourselves. There is still MUCH to do, but mostly until my class starts next week and we have to come back to real life we are enjoying the chance to breathe a little. But, of course, being me, things are hectic anyway:

(1) I'm drifting between two identities as I slowly get my name changed with every little business and such...today's list is the bank and the BMV.

(2) My step-mom got called up suddenly to Iraq (again). She leaves Monday, for a year. We children who never know about anything until the last minute found out about this Sunday afternoon, which was surprisingly early for us except that:

(3) Since my dad works as a consultant for IBM and is currently heading up a project in California, he's taking my two brothers to the west coast for at least the next year. They won't be back to Indiana even after that, since they are selling everything they have and driving out to find a furnished apartment in the Anaheim area. If dad's project ends early, they'll all just move to the next venue.

(4) They were going to take my niece with them, too, but the sister who is her mother fought and won custody back. (Duh, of course she wouldn't want to be on opposite sides of the country from her, and you can't just do this without discussing it with her...but they did, 'cause what else would my parents do?) So tonight my mom is bringing my niece over to say goodbye, and tomorrow she and my other sister drive her out to my sister's place in North Carolina.

(5) Paul has to reapply for admittance to Purdue, because he was on academic probation last semester and didn't do so hot...so in the meantime, he gets to work and take a few classes at the community college (maybe), and his graduation date was pushed back to December 2010, which means we'll be here for another 2 years. Which means I also am not student teaching in Chicago. But I am oddly okay with that, especially since that means that next summer we won't have to move!!! I haven't NOT moved at least once a year since I came home from Utah...5 years ago. I'm ecstatic to stay in one place for a while.

Whirlwind, I know. I may be in denial about some things, and I certainly have some strong opinions about some of it that other people do not want to hear, so I keep my mouth shut like a good girl. But Paul & I have an amazing home and we're gonna be okay, and nothing else really matters to me anymore. Isn't that amazing?

Our address for the next two years:
2501 Soldiers Home Road #64A
West Lafayette, IN 47906

1 comment:

  1. Holy crow, girl! Craziness! Hope everything works out ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!