I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, June 26, 2009

I know what I want to do with my life
















Teach, yes. Wife & mother, yes. Write, yes. Travel the world and learn new languages, yes. Prepare for missions, yes. And now, I have a new dream to dream--I want to own my own silk floral business. I learned a lot in making the flowers for my own wedding (9 bouquets in four shapes, plus boutonnieres/corsages, plus 3 different floral arrangements for various tables and other decorative needs) and I did a dang fine job. I have a flourish for the artistic and the personal, both of which come in handy.

Think about it. We use flowers to celebrate or communicate in every major anything we do...weddings, funerals, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, dinner, saying "I'm sorry" or "Get well" or "Thank you." Holidays like Mother's Day or Valentine's Day. Prom. Award nights. And always a "just because." Flowers are our way of bringing the mysteriously simple and beautiful and natural into our world.
"But wait. Didn't she say silk flowers?" you are thinking. Well, yes. Because real flowers, when you cut them at the stem, die. And they are increasingly expensive. And then you have to pay EXTRA money just to preserve them. Silk flower arrangements, on the other hand, allow you to not only make things in advance and keep them as long as you like, but to tear them apart and turn them into something else entirely once you're done with them. And they are just as beautiful if you know where to find the good ones. And I do. :) Of course if we had the choice between freshly cut, once-alive flowers and some synthetic flower, we would go with the former. But sometimes that's not the choice. And that's where I come in.
And it wouldn't just be bouquets, no. Flower pen vases in every color, hair clips, bookmarks, shadow boxes, dolls, and the promise that if you bring it to me to be floralized, it can and will be done--bags, baskets, flip-flops, favors, clothing, and more! Corsages. Centerpieces. And I'll bet I can think of more if I try. Of course springtime would be the premiere time for business, but sometimes a lovely bouquet in purples and blues and whites is exactly what you need in the middle of winter. And I would learn how to do it all. And on the website that my husband would make me would be a link to the stories I've written and contact info in case they needed a tutor, which would give me the chance to do everything I love all at once and mostly from home and at my convenience.
My dream world is rich and good. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!