And, because everything looks cooler as an instagram photo:
You literally just slice and freeze bananas for a few hours (4 bananas gave us 3 heaping servings of ice cream), then blend them. It starts off crumbly, but then after a few minutes something magical happens and allasudden you have "ice cream." Everyone said it would be more soft-serve in texture, but ours was definitely scoopable. I don't even have a food processer, and our blender kinda DOESN'T rock, so I just used a hand mixer, scraping the sides as I went along. Other than stray banana chunks that dive-bombed my head as I mixed, it turned out great! Next up, I'm gonna try adding in some PB and cocoa powder for some chocolate-pb-banana yumminess.
In other family happenings, we got a bunch of old clothes from my mom to look through--this was my "keep" pile, but I guess it was Obi's, too--she took to it right away and built herself a little nest. :)
| She's so cute. |
We finally have some RAIN! I took the dogs out in it, which they didn't love me for, but I still made them stay out for a few minutes as I did a little happy dance in it anyway. This is the first REAL rain we've had in MONTHS. I'm thrilled. Puppies aren't. Poor puppies. But without the rain, poor farmers! Which means a poor ALL of us soon, when food prices jump up due to the drought. Seriously. I splashed in puddles and was finally able to cross that off my summer bucket list. :)
I took the mantle decor down. It was just feeling too "busy" for my taste. Now, with a large clock from my mother-in-law (the QUEEN of good garage sale deals!), it's simpler and makes a bit more of a statement to me--less REALLY IS more! It's the only part of the home I feel semi-satisfied with, decorating-wise. I'd like it even better if we painted the walls. :)
| Yup, some beige or pale green paint on that wall and some wood in that firewood holder, and a fire in that fireplace, and I'll be in heaven. :) |
Otherwise, not much is going on. My life is really boring right now, which normally would be a GOOD thing. But I've just been a little down and discouraged and sick of WAITING and it's been weird to be in a place where GOOD doesn't mean NOT BAD anymore. Does that make sense? I'm working on journaling more, to work through all this negative emotion and really just changes, which is partly why you're not getting as much of ME in this blog right now. Otherwise, things are okay. I'm really looking forward to school starting so I can work again...too much time on my hands leads to too much introspection, which leads to an unhappy Celeste. I'm looking forward to other marvels yet to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!