I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, December 15, 2011

10 Things THURSDAY: Reusing Christmas Cards!

That's right, you're getting a BONUS edition of 10 Things Tuesday, because a friend of mine requested something that I thought was very timely: needing a little crafty inspiration to know what to do with all those Christmas cards (or birthday, or any greeting card of any kind)?  Read on!

1. The classic idea is turn those cards into small gift boxes! (Or baskets...)
(Source)

(Source)

2. Turn them into bookmarks or gift tags!
(Source)

(Source)

3. Reuse as post cards...just cut off the front, pretty part (assuming the inside is blank), round off the corners, and write your message!
(Source)

4. Make pretty journals, with lots of different papers and the greeting cards!  (I think this would be a fun way to get an art journal started, all your artsy folk out there!)
(Source)

5. Turn them into four-sided luminaries!  This would be especially sweet for nativity-themed cards, I think.
(Source)

6. Make paper ornaments!  How fun would it be to have an ornament each year from the cards you got from that year? 
(Source)

(Source)

7. Turn those cards into puzzles for the kiddos in your family!
(Source)

8. Make popsicle stick puppets with the images on them! I bet this could be a lot of fun for kids...and you can turn a shoebox into a puppet theater for them!
(Source)

(Source)

9. Cut out the images and use for collages/mosaics/other artwork.  This could be fun to do with kids, but I think it'd be just as fun for grown-ups, too!  :) I have a few labeled sheet protectors in a binder filled with small images from cards and magazines, in fact, just to use for collages and other artwork.  I highly recommend this!
(Source)

10. Turn them into a holiday wreath for next year! (This image is great, but it would be even better with some big ribbon to hang it...maybe even a bow?)
(Source)
BONUS IDEAS:
Check out these and LOTS of other fun decorations (all with instructions and made from old Christmas cards) from Better Homes and Gardens!





Hope this inspires you as much as it does me!  Happy crafting, and happy holidays!


2 comments:

  1. So the winner is...the star, I'm going to take birthday cards of my great-grandma, and grandma who have past away. Then keep only the current year of my birthday cards and save the ones from family as they pass away then make one involving all of those. Oh, and I'll keep the one from my living grandma for the same thing in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!