I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seven Days of Romantic Words

So, back at CHRISTMAS I gave Paul a coupon for each of the 12 days of Christmas...each coupon came with a small gift, and they related to the number of the day...blah blah blah.  Details don't matter.  What DOES matter is that one of the coupons was for "7 days of romantic words..." and Paul had no idea what that really meant.  But he cashed it in, anyway, so this last week I got to do it!  It was a TON of fun, and I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone with a significant other; my love and appreciation for him grew IMMENSELY at a time when we really needed that.

So, here's an overview of the week, with only the juciest details kept private.  :)  You can adapt it to whatever works for you.  I got many of the ideas from Cher at http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/, and the rest from my own head and past experiences. 

EVERY DAY:
I texted him a "sexy text" (mostly pickup lines that were cheesy enough to work), and I snuck in a little love note in his lunch that related to something in there.  For example, if there was a tuna sandwich, the note said, "of all the fish in the sea, you're the catch for me" and other such nerdiness.  It was fun, though.

Lunch Love Notes...can't seem to rotate them.  Sorry.
DAY 1
Pumpkin muffins...for my pumpkin!
He woke up to a basket of warm muffins, "for my studmuffin."  I also made him a GIANT card out of posterboard, sending him off with "hugs." (Yes, candy was inside!)  I also made cookies...I've been in a sugary mode all week.  It seemed fitting.

C is for COOKIE...
DAY 2
He woke up to a giant candygram awaiting him.  I also used dry erase markers on our bathroom mirror to spell out a few love notes, such as "g'morning, handsome" and such...we also had a date this night.

DAY 3
I spelled out "I Love You" with my hands, NOT in sign language but just making the shapes.  Walmart printed off the wallets fairly cheaply, and they fit in an 11"x14" frame quite nicely.  I got the frame at dollar tree, but it wasn't so great, so I buckled down and got a $5 one at Walmart later...it was worth it.  It's a nice picture hanging up by our bedroom light now.  :)  I also used this website to create a ransom note that said, "If you ever want to see your precious pillows again, I demand 15 kisses!"

DAY 4
I heart attacked his side of the room with reasons I love him written on each heart!  Also, bath crayons.  Love them.  We had them a while ago, but never really liked them because water got in the container they were in and they ended up mushy and gross.  But I remedied that by putting them in a small lid (the lid to my shaving cream) on the outside far corner of the tub, and they haven't given us a problem.  I can't put up pictures because our art and messages are too scandalous.  :)

DAY 5
I made Love Lotto cards, which I got the idea for here. SO neat.
I also sent him an array of e-cards, ranging from super cute to really mushy to just plain weird.  All with an "I love you!" message, of course.  :)  Go here for free, no-strings-attached lovey dovey ecards!

DAY 6
Small envelope cut in half, four pages taped together!
I did my own version of an "I love you...THIIIIS MUCH!" card, which I stashed in his lunch.  He said the folks at work looked at him kinda funny.  All the better!  :)  I also used Obi (our dog) as a love note messenger...I tied a little card, written "from Obsidian," to her collar just before he came home so that when she greeted him in her usual way (jumping up on him and barking like crazy), he'd see the card.  He got a kick out of reading her own love note.  :)

DAY 7
I had a real love note hidden with some materials as part of our date night, which he had to find.  (You could also hide several notes around the house, or several parts of a note he'd have to put together to read...)  Touching.  Also, I created a free website that had pictures of us and some original romantic poetry that tried to capture the many different ways I feel about him.  You can check it out here.

It was a great week...I mean, c'mon, who WOULDN'T love having someone fawn all over you with a week of surprises and romantic words?  Even though Paul's not a "words of affirmation" love kind of guy, he really seemed to appreciate the attention.  And it was good for me to give it!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving some love!