
Okay. In an attempt to plan meals again and simplify our lives a little (because I actually HATE meal planning and grocery shopping), I'm thinking of designating each day a special kind of food that we could still have a little fun with from week to week. This would only work for dinners--breakfast is usually cereal or pancakes for us, and lunches are whatever we can scrounge up or leftovers, which I'm happy with. However, now that student teaching is over I'm going to try to adjust to Paul's schedule a bit and plan actual meals for us to eat together again! And I'm getting stuck on a few days, and I could use your expert opinion. Here's what I have so far:
MONDAYS-
TUESDAYS-tacos? (see note below)
WEDNESDAYS-wraps
THURSDAYS-
FRIDAYS-fondue? (We just got a new pot, so we could have dinner & dessert on this theme!) OR Foreign Cuisine--which allows a lot more diversity, but would probably involve more ingredients and more money than fondue...well, maybe not.
SATURDAYS-Soups/Salads? Subs? Spaghetti?
SUNDAYS-Pretty much leftovers, crockpot meals, casseroles--y'know, the easy stuff. I rest on these days. :)
I want pizza to be one of those days (I know, it doesn't have that awesome alliteration, but you can go SO many ways with pizza--on French bread, store-bought, or making your own...with or without stuffed crust...taco pizza, potato pizza, veggie, BBQ, Hawaiian, pizza rolls, etc.--and it's still cheap and easy). Maybe Mondays? That could be fun for FHE...
I was thinking Taco Tuesdays, but I might get sick of tacos...unless it could be an anything-taco-goes kind of day--so taco soup, taco pizza, tacos, taco ramen...etc. :) Other taco-themed recipes? Send them my way, please!
I am completely stumped about Thursday. The only thing that keeps coming to mind is Thirsty Thursdays, because that's what the local bars have, and I don't know how to turn that into an appetizing meal plan that's me-approved. :)
Ideas? Suggestions? Feedback? Thanks!
You should check out the website www.realmomkitchen.com! She has really good recipes and usually simple. She posts something new everyday. I love to look at her blog and I have made many of her recipes. One of our favorite is Flat Bread Tacos (search for it on the left sidebar of her website). Hope that helps:)
ReplyDeletePotatoes are EXTREMELY versatile, soup, baked, pizza:), etc. And they are really filling, and not too expensive. You can even make them a side dish that night if you are getting tired of them as the main dish. We love making baked french fries in the oven.:)
ReplyDeleteWe are kind of on the same quest! Planning meals is HARD. Keep up the good work! You cute little wife you.:)
We try to have some kind of fish once a week and we like ravioli. I don't know what else. Good luck!
ReplyDeletele site de Martha Stewart m'a donné plein d'idées de menus pendant toutes les saisons: http://www.marthastewart.com/menus
ReplyDeleteSinon, essaie des sites francais comme "marmiton.fr" pour t'inspirer de recettes francaises. Bises, j