
Today our new ward had its infrequent-but-wonderful-when-it-happens break-the-fast after church. I just have to say, I love Fast Sundays. I love to fast (shocking) because I know it helps. Our ward had a special fast for the unemployed in our ward and area, and really all that are having financial strain, and since we fall into that boat, we were extra grateful to fast today. I also love testimony meetings, even those with the big lulls, because I love to think about all the blessings I have because I was blessed enough to be born into the gospel.
But I also really, really love not having to cook much, especially on a Sunday. I think potluck dinners are just about inspired--can you imagine if we had them every day? You'd eat until you were stuffed, and hardly have to do a thing for it. Everyone wins. And it would probably be cheaper.
This brought my mind back to my days at BYU...in our apartment, the six of us used to eat together on Sundays, and once a month or so we'd invite other apartments in the ward over and we would all eat and chat and get to know one another. It was stressful sometimes, but it was fun, too. And since I'm not all that great at making new friends, it forced me to interact with people on a smaller and more intimate scale and helped a lot.
I think Paul & I are going to start up a little dinner group for the occasional Sundays...anyone else interested?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!