I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lafayette Hunger Hike


Hello, one and all! Tomorrow afternoon I'm participating in our city's Hunger Hike, a fundraising event for the local food pantry. Last year our food pantry used up twice as much food as the year before, and we have more than 4,000 homeless children and many more families who rely on events like this to raise money and awareness.


I'm super excited. If anyone wants to help out, sponsor me! Our group (headed up by Ben Hecht, our activities committee chair, so don't be fooled by his name at the top) has a goal of rasing $500, and we're only halfway there...but many of the donations have been around $10 and have really added up fast. Donating is fast, easy, and even a $5.00 donation would go a long way. You can do it anonymously online at http://www.firstgiving.com/purdue_lds . I know most of my friends are likewise in hard times, but this is a great way to sacrifice a small amount to help those that are even less fortunate...


Thanks to all, and wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!