I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chair makeover...with help!

I found this awesome little chair at GoodWill several months ago.

Isn't it hideous? But despite the 70s colors, the heaviness of the thick wood and metal, and the courseness of the fabric on the overly-stiff cushion, I fell in love with it. Why?
1. It swivels. Every teacher needs a swivel chair!
2. It's low to the ground. I hate the huge rockers that make me feel far away from my students. 
3. It had character...and potential. I could feel it!

So, a couple cans of white spray paint & primer, some cute Lego fabric from Etsy, and some SEWING HELP from a talented friend, and here is the bright and happy final product: 
It has made my fourth-graders almost as happy as me!

Isn't it amazing what just a little cosmetic update can do for things? :)

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving some love!