This might sound strange or morbid, but it was kinda awesome. I've decided that since Paul and I are still married, just separated for a while, I can still work on strengthening our marriage once a week. I went to his grave after school and talked/cried with him for a while, and then I started writing in a new journal, all of which will be letters to him about our past, my present, and our future. The cemetery is so beautiful and peaceful, even if it's a sad peace, and after I talked for a while I was in a very good place to finally start writing about everything. Just a short date, I couldn't get far, and I didn't even bring dinner! :) But it was actually really nice. I hope in the future to not just talk but pray and think about how I can help him in the work he's doing, still partners, just on both sides of the veil.
I'm also excited to be doing 29 random acts of kindness in his honor for his birthday next month. I have a friend or two who will be helping me. It'll be a good focus for our FHE for the next month or so!

I love your effort, strength, approach, and thoughts. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhere's the "like" button when you need it?? :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Not morbid at all. I think it's beautiful. And what a fabulous personal history you'll end up with! Well, a family history actually. :) Love to you, friend!
ReplyDeleteI think that this is so cool. You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! I've known that for a long, long time.....you keep reminding me of that over and over and over. So glad to be your friend!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog. Thank you. I needed this tonight. I love the song "The Waiting Place."
ReplyDelete