Just a quick little update from your favorite Hoosier. :)
Student teaching is going very well. I love my teacher, I LOVE my kids, and I LOVE TEACHING! It is totally what I was meant to do, in whatever capacity I can do it. Nothing gives me a rush as much as a lesson that goes well. Nothing. It's hard to believe I've only been doing this for a month...it feels like SO much longer!
I've applied recently for a student teaching scholarship, and if I win I get $75 to go towards my classroom. I want to buy some chemistry supplies for my kids to use during my chemistry unit coming up in about a month and a half, because THEY DON'T DO SCIENCE AT THIS SCHOOL!!! Well, you know I can't have that. So keep your fingers crossed for me! $75 could buy at least a few materials for the kiddos to use, and if I don't win, it's all coming out of my own pockets. Which wouldn't kill me, but still.
Pretty much everything in my life right now revolves around student teaching in one way or another. Assignments, lesson plans, staff meetings, traveling 1 1/2 hours a day, units, seminars...and sometimes I try to sleep, too. Sometimes. :)
Let's see, what else? ...
Obsidian is finally learning to listen to us...squirt bottles really are the best thing ever invented for dogs! Who knew? She's otherwise adorable and cuddly and playful and we love her tons!
Colts lost the superbowl.
Our primary kids rock! I love seven-year-olds. They are super fun. And crazy.
T minus 4 months 'til Utah! Stoked.
4 months 'til Utah? Whaa? What are you going there for? Anyway, I'm so glad you're loving it. That must feel awesome! I never got to really find out if I'd love teaching dance in a high school. *sigh* Maybe someday, eh? To everything there is a season . . .
ReplyDeleteYa-Ya Reunion! Old roommates who promised to meet in Disneyworld in 2010...but that is too expensive and too far away for most people. Clair, Erin, Jamie, Melanie Autry, Shirley (who can't make it), and me, all with our families, in the Ashton's cabin for a week! It'll be INSANE! I'm stoked. You're in Idaho, right? You guys should "randomly" stop on down...I'm told Anna might be crashing the party for a bit, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI am getting stoked too! There is a book I NEED to show you....I am so excited!
ReplyDeleteSo I'm a little late seeing this post, but heck yes it will be a pretty grand party! I was thinking about it the other day and how we should probably get a few activities planned/scheduled. Any ideas?
ReplyDeleteAnd I mentioned it to Anna as well and it would be awesome to have some more visitors!