I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, May 1, 2009

Oh, the economics of college kids...

I spent nearly $750 on books alone this semester, and, of course, I will only get about $30 back. Half of the problem is that my education classes use several cheap books and then one realy expensive course packet that you can't sell back. One-fourth of the problem is that Purdue bookstores offer so little compensation (for example, my $90 art textbook is selling back for $5). And the last fourth of the problem is that stupid publishing companies come out with a new edition every semester or every year and make everything so specialized that you can't sell it back, period! Add to that the fact that one of my books will be incredibly useful and I WANT to keep it, and...well...you have poor, poor me. Poor, poor, poor....

C'est la vie, hein?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!